HYBRID Teen Jazz Summer Day Camp
‘One group a week with a maximum of 8 students’
Jazz improvisation is the ultimate form of interactive musical expression. It involves listening to the other band members and making a contribution in the context of what the group is doing. Perform and learn about jazz in an environment that is friendly, informative, and FUN! Here’s what to expect:
- Repertoire: Learn how to play standard jazz tunes.
- Theory: Gain a harmonic and melodic understanding of chords, scales and key centers.
- Ear training: Learn how to hear chord types and melodic patterns by ear and notate them on the music staff.
- Improvisation: Create melodies in the moment by applying theory and ear training.
- Ensemble: Play and improvise over select jazz standard tunes.
- FUN: Above all music is fun. The students will learn in a positive and exciting environment while being exposed to a musical language by experienced, excitable and seasoned educators.
Ages: 12- 16 years old
Days: Monday through Thursday
Time: 11am to 3:30pm / optional 4-5pm Private Lesson
Weeks in Summer 2021:
July 12 – 15
July 19 – 22
Aug 2 – 5
Aug 16 – 19
Click here for a detailed rates, dates and cancellation overview.
Registration/Inquiry: The registration is quick and non-committal through an online form: register
After the payment is received the spot will be reserved.
FAQ and Full Camp Description can be found here.